What is the role?
We’re seeking a self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to develop and maintain our Spotzee web application. This is an exciting opportunity for customer-focused software developers who enjoy working with PHP and have a passion for clean code and continuous delivery. Join our collaborative team and be a part of our fulfilling work environment!
How your day would look like?
- Maintain and add features to the Spotzee web application codebase
- Release your changes to production
- Participate in code review processes
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Create project plans and provide feedback to coworkers’ plans and designs
- Recognize improvement opportunities and advocate for them with your team
- Set clear expectations around your work, breaking down large tasks into smaller tasks and communicating that to your teammates
- The Spotzee web application is a PHP monolith
- MySQL and ElasticSearch databases
- Some parts of the application interact with RabbitMQ/Kafka/SQS
- We deploy to dedicated servers and rely on CircleCI and Jenkins for CI/CD
- Terraform is used to declare infrastructure
- Hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Technical degree or related experience in a software engineering role
- Proficient working ability in 1-2 of the languages and technologies listed in the Technical environment section
- Mastery of HTML and CSS and experience styling custom and isolated components
- Understanding of package managers; we use yarn, webpack, lerna and other build tools
- Strong UX and Design sensibilities to build accessible and responsive products
- Experience building and debugging complex systems and ability to humanize complicated designs
- Experience creating test plans, writing automated test suites or implement an automated test framework
- Flexibility with changing scopes and priorities; we believe in iteration and work in a fast-paced industry
- Experience solving challenging technical problems with a focus on throughput and fast response time
- Strong English communication skills (written & verbal) and customer focus
- Above all we value a positive attitude, self awareness, empathy and a team player with a continuous improvement mindset.
- 2 days per week in the office is required.